Selling your home with pets
Six quick tips when selling your home with pets:
- Keep your home well ventilated. Open windows, allow the fresh air to circulate, this will eradicate odours. It’s a good idea to keep trickle vents on double glazed windows open the majority of the time.
- Place a couple of tumble dryer sheets behind a radiator, the heat releases a pleasant odour without being overpowering. It’s also a good idea to pop one inside each cushion cover on the sofa.
- Scoop the poop! Always check the lawns right before viewings, imagine the next viewers don’t have dogs and want a lawn to enjoy with their baby.
- Carpets aren’t great for pet owners, unless they’re deep cleaned on a regular basis. Stick with hard flooring which is easy to clean. To freshen up your carpets, try sprinkling with bicarb of soda, leave for 30 mins and then vac up.
- Using a Plug In, reed diffuser or scented candle to fragrance your home is a good idea, but don’t overdo it. Overpowering scents can be just as bad as nasty niffs.
- Last but not least, remember to take extra car of your pet during the home selling process. They’ve had strangers invade their home for valuations, viewings & removals. Now you’re taking them away from their fave pee patch in the garden to somewhere new. Take some time to settle them in at the next house with plenty of attention and reassurance, they’ll be loving that new garden in no time.