Property Q&A - How can I maximize the light in my home for viewings?
In our new question and answer feature, we're tackling some of the most frequent questions regarding the sale and purchase of properties. If you have any question you'd like answering please e-mail us email@example.com
How can I maximize the light in my home without over spending while I'm looking to sell?
A lighter home will feel larger and much more welcoming to your potential purchasers. Here are a few ways to add more natural light without spending too much money:
• Clean all windows and doors, inside and out, or employ the services of a window cleaner;
• Old style low energy bulbs don’t give the best light, treat yourself to the newer style;
• Lamps add a soft, ambient light, ideal for evening or winter viewings;
• Remove net curtains from windows while your home is on the market, they don't help with natural light internally and they detract from the external kerb appeal;
• Re-decorate tired rooms in a neutral, (yes, perhaps boring) but saleable colour and;
• Trim any bushes and trees which are excessively blocking natural daylight into your home.
Selling a home with pets? You can find our top tips here: https://wishartestateagents.co.uk/blog/selling-your-home-with-pets/25639
How to sell your property in early spring: https://wishartestateagents.co.uk/blog/how-to-sell-your-property-in-early-spring/24498
How much is your home worth? Find out with our free, online, instant valuation: https://instantvaluation.wishartestateagents.co.uk/home/242-wishart-estate-agents-